Guidance and Counseling Department News! 

Updated: May 19, 2017
JCC will be sponsoring Excelsior Scholarship Information Sessions at the JCC campus and North County Center in Dunkirk on the following dates:
June 8, 2017 from 11 am to 7 pm (drop in sessions)
June 28, 2017 from 6 pm to 7 pm
Call 800-388-8557x1009 or email for more information.
Have you updated your contact information?
Please update your contact information (address, telephone number, and emergency contacts) with the Guidance and Counseling Department.
It is extremely important that we have correct information.
Class of 2017Information
 JCC Transcripts
Seniors enrolled in JCC courses must complete the transcript request form to have their JCC transcript sent to the college or university they plan to attend in the fall of 2017.  The transcript request form is available at  The cost of each official transcript is $7.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is now available for the Class of 2017. 
Both parent and student need a FSAID (Federal Student Aid ID). 
To register for a FAFSA, go to then complete the FAFSA at
Please note: You are applying for financial aid for the 2017/2018 academic year!
Westfield Academy and Central School High School Information
Working Papers
If your student needs working papers for the summer, please stop down to the Guidance and Counseling Department by Friday, June 2, 2017 to process the appropriate paperwork.
Student Data Sheets-available under Guidance and Counseling Department Information
During your high school career, involvement in extra-curricular activities is important, as colleges, universities, and employers wish to see well-rounded students who have participated in a variety of activities.  Please get involved in your school and community.
Maintain a comprehensive list of all your school and extra-curricular activities.  Student Data Sheets are available in the Guidance and Counseling Department.  
NCAA Eligibility Center
Students interested in playing a sport at a Division I or Division II college or university must complete the NCAA Initial Eligibility Application.  Applications are now available at    
Guidance and Counseling Department Contact Information 
If you have any questions, please contact the Guidance and Counseling Department at 716/326-2151 or